Collin County Democrats With Disabilities is pleased to announce the endorsement of the following Democratic candidates:
- Adam Bell, U.S. House of Representatives, District 3
- Karen Jacobs, Texas House of Representatives District 33
- Scott Coleman, Texas House of Representatives District 67
- Denise Hamilton, Texas House of Representatives District 89
In February of 2016, Democratic candidates for Texas House District 33, 66, 67, 70, and 89 and U.S. House District 3 were asked to complete the 2016 Candidates’ Questionnaire. The questionnaire was designed for people with disabilities and those who love them to know where candidates stand on the issues.
Candidates for Texas House districts were sent a 14-point questionnaire covering accessibility, education, housing, and Medicaid funded community based services and supports, income & employment, voting rights, transportation and expansion of Medicaid.
Candidates for U.S. House of Representatives, District 3 responded to seven questions covering accessibility, housing, and Medicaid funded community based services and supports, income & employment.
Endorsements were made based on the following criteria:
- Understanding of the challenges facing people with disabilities,
- Demonstrated support for our priorities and plans to address these issues.
- Extent to which inclusion of people with disabilities appear in candidates’ website, publications, and speeches
We believe that when elected, these Democrats will support us in our mission to represent the needs and issues of people with disabilities. It is on this basis that we offer our endorsement and support. (L-R in photo: Top row: Adam Bell, Second row: Karen Jacobs, Scott Coleman. Bottom row: Denise Hamilton